Centum has a strong design and engineering team of people with relevant domain knowledge. The team has members qualified with Bachelors and Master’s degree in Analog, Digital, Mixed mode and Power Electronics areas.
The team is responsible for
- Circuit Design & Simulation, Component Engineering
- Electrical CAD design [Multilayer Hybrid and PCBA layouts]
- Mechanical CAD design (using Aluminum, Magnesium, Kovar,
- Analysis – thermal, structural, de-rating, reliability and FMEA
- Proto build and Validation
- DFM, DFT, FMEA studies
- Obsolescence Management
- Re-design for cost reduction, component count reduction and
- IPR creation – Technical publications, Application Notes
- New Product and Process development
The team uses the following standard and proprietary tools for the design cycle.
- Microelectronics and PCB CAD: CADSTAR, ORCAD, EXPEDITION (Mentor Graphics), AUTOCAD
- Simulation: PSpice, ORCAD, Microwave Office, ADS
- Mechanical CAD: AUTOCAD, SOLID WORKS
- Power Supply: Proprietary Templates
“In-house R&D” Recognition by DSIR – DST – GOI
The design and engineering Centre of Centum is recognized as “In-house R&D” by Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.